Tuesday, January 19, 2010

By My Body Betrayed

I just cannot shake this illness. I thought I was over the bronchitis then, this weekend, I got hit by a nasty stomach flu. I spent pretty much all of Sunday in the bathroom. I also discovered that I can projectile vomit like in the Exorcist. The cats were appalled.

I also discovered that hardcore throwing up results in massive abdominal pain. It's like I've done about 500 crunches. My entire upper abdominal area is so sore it's hard to draw in a deep breath.

I was still pretty sick yesterday but went to work a half day since the icky purging part of the illness was over. But I hurt. All over. And the coughing and congestion came back. So I went home, took some ibuprofen, and went to sleep.

The only 'good' think I can say is that I've lost weight. I know that's a horrible thing to say and is indicative of a disordered way of looking at food but I couldn't eat anything on Sunday except for some soup I had that night. Monday I had some toast, some apple, and some chicken and rice. Very light eating.

Today, I'm home. I hate taking off from work but I really feel the need to rest and it's hard to rest when I'm running around at work. I've eaten some turkey bacon and an apple. I tried to eat some Cream of Wheat but couldn't stomach it. Instead, I'm now eating some deliciously hot and salty soup. Then I'm going to sleep for awhile.

Hopefully I'll be back in gym by Thursday and see if I lost a little weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be rude. Seriously, nothing posted on here is worth insulting others or being needlessly offensive.