Saturday, January 2, 2010

Gift Card-Apalooza

Along with the aforementioned cake and ice cream, I received some gift cards as part of my last day celebration. Very unexpected and quite generous gift cards, no less. So of course I had to go use them today since, like most things, if I didn't do it right away, I'd forget and only find the gift cards about two years later while cleaning out a drawer.

So that was the plan for the day.

We got up a little late and had a rushed breakfast of coffee and Cream of Wheat for me and coffee and oatmeal for the husband. Since we stayed in yesterday, we had to run errands like doing the recycling and going to the store for my mom. Except my mom overslept and didn't call to tell me her store list and our local recycling center wasn't taking anything in because they didn't have anymore dumpsters and were short staffed. So we ended up heading out to scenic Marley Station to make the best use of the gift cards.

Of course by the time we got there, our breakfasts were in our respective knees. So the first stop was food. We by passed most of the food court and settled on Ruby Tuesday, innocuous but with enough non-greasy options to not threaten my gallbladder.

The meal would not have been approved by my trainer, Sheritha, from Bodies on Line. She's very much a purist about the diet. Minimal carbs, no cheese, certainly no Southwestern Eggrolls. I did have a salad though. The Sante Fe chicken salad and unsweetened iced tea and no desert. And we then walked around the mall. So hopefully that counts for something.

Dinner, once we finally got home, turkey sloppy joes (on bread, sadly) and salad. Of course, I'm now munching some low cal popcorn.

I'm trying to get back on the diet stick but I have a love-hate-extra hate relationships with Sheritha's strict, no frills, no international foods, diet. Afterall, what is life without naan, vindaloo, and udon noodles?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be rude. Seriously, nothing posted on here is worth insulting others or being needlessly offensive.