Monday, January 4, 2010

Theraflu & Angel Soft

The cold that has been lurking around the edges for the past couple weeks is kicking things up a notch. Now I have congestion, a sore throat, achiness, and overall lethargy. Way to start the new year.

Of course, being cold-riddled is now conducive to dieting since the last thing I want to eat is a salad. I want carbs. Sweet, delicious, stomach-calming carbs.

Right now I'm eating chicken noodle soup and crackers. For lunch I had some of the spaghetti from last night and a salad. Which is good. But I also sampled my co-workers peppered steak and rice, sweet potato salad, and come birthday cake left over from the weekend. And a sinfully yummy jalepeno and cheese bagel. I ate small portions of things but I did eat them.

And I didn't work out since there's a strict policy about coming in sick. I did come in to finish writing out my checks for payment and to drop off some Avon. Yes, Avon. I'm very proud of being probably the most laid back Avon lady ever. If you want something, buy it. If not, hey, no problem.

But, that's neither here nor there. In short, I'm eating because they make me feel better when I'm sick. I'm also eating fruit. And did have a fairly healthy breakfast: Special K w/ soy milk, 4 strips of turkey bacon, and two apples. Plus coffee and cold medicine. So I'm least putting in a little effort and I'm forcing myself to ignore the Ritter Sport bar in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be rude. Seriously, nothing posted on here is worth insulting others or being needlessly offensive.