Monday, January 25, 2010

Didn't My Mom Do This In The 70's

My trainer is having all of her clients do the T-J Miracle Soup diet which, to me, looks like a retread of the cabbage soup diet my mom did in the 70's. Along with the onion diet, the grapefruit diet, and assorted other crash diets that offered quick results through ridiculous eating plans.

Actually, it seems like a good chunk of the ladies at my job are on some type of fast or cleansing program. I've never seen so many people subsisting on fruits, vegetables, and water. And none of them look particularly happy about it either.

So, if I do this, I'm looking at 7 days of unpleasantness. I hate cabbage and this soup sounds gross. As does the day of nothing but bananas and skim milk and steak and tomatoes. In fact, that's four things right there that I never eat.

Of course, I could choose not to do this. Or I could look at this as a week-long experience to see how long it takes me to go absolutely crazy

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a bad idea. I am disappointed that a trainer would think that is a good idea. I follow the Body-for-Life diet plan which is not a diet, but gives you structure for making good choices. I eat 6 times a day and I always have carbs and protein. I think you need to eat real food to gove your body what it needs. Plus, if you skip real food for a week,w hen you eat real food again, your body will just gain the weight back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with TWOPFan- I am a little concerned about your trainer. Other than this fast, do you like him/her? Do they have good credentials? I have worked at gyms for 5 years and I have met some shady trainers.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be rude. Seriously, nothing posted on here is worth insulting others or being needlessly offensive.