Friday, January 22, 2010

Trust Women

What does the phrase: Trust Women mean to me?

Simple

Trust me as a thinking, breathing, informed individual to make the right choice for me.

Trust me to weigh all of the options. All of the options, not just the ones that you (be you an individual, the state, anyone) feel are right or appropriate.

Trust me to understand the implications of my choice

Do not speak down to me, assume that I need your dubious protection or assume that I a victim who is unable to make the difficult decisions.

I do not need your permission or your blessings.

Trust me as a fully-functioning member of society to make decisions not just with my heart but with my mind and my gut

Trust me to know see the world as it is, not as you or I want it to be

Most importantly, trust me. Trust me as an adult who knows what she is doing, who does not need to have the most intimate aspect of her life dictated to be individuals and ideologies whose only interest in the concept, not the reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be rude. Seriously, nothing posted on here is worth insulting others or being needlessly offensive.